Island Within Around Along with Us Workshop
IslaNd wiThiN/arounD/aloNg wiTh uS
Island within us is a place that is surrounded by fortifications, trenches, barricades.. it is the remotest, the least inhabited, the most desolate part of us which we rarely or never visit.
Island around us is our mirror that turns light into our inner island. Island around us is a place of endless beauty, unspoiled nature, unlimited energy in our environment which supports us in a way which makes all the trivial things unable to distract our attention from ourselves, which is essential. Island around us is the BESA Theatre camp, the Island of Vis.
Island along with us is the quality of the mutual joy that arises from energy exchange between myself (students, newcomer) and the island (city of Aboriginal). It is a result of travel, theatre experiment, whether it is made from the outside (through town) inward (inside myself), whether it is in the opposite direction. Joy is inevitable.
We will use the techniques of drama pedagogy; work on group coherence, awareness of unconscious physical expression, learning new tools of creative expression using voice and body, relaxation techniques and visualization; methods "Dance of 5 Rhythms", art techniques ...
The workshop ends with a presentation.
She graduated from theatre direction and radiophony at the Academy of Dramatic Arts in 2006 (Zagreb). The first theatrical experience gained in the Drama Studio of The City Youth Theatre in Split. After interrupting the study of astronomy at Padua (Italy), returned to Split and continued cooperation with Golovko in the Drama Studio. Theatre Directing and radiophony enrolled at the Academy 1999. From the second year of the study (2000) worked as an assistant to series of theatre directors. Since 2007 she is a freelance artist and a member of the Croatian Society of Independent Artists. Since 2006 she is a member of the Croatian Association of Dramatic Artists.
Currently, except as a theatre director she is working as artistic director of the Theatre BESA, drama teacher, head of educational theatre projects as well as expert associate at the University of Split.
With a group of young theatre artists from Split 2009 to 2011 worked in an art organization Little Theatre of Split dealing with educational engaged theatre for children and adults, where she was the art director. As head of the theatre and the play director she gained the "Mali Marulić", a special prize to team of authors for the performance "What can a virus do to me?" produced by the Little Theatre of Split (2011).
With Ane Paška and Anita Čanadi founded Theatre BESA (2013) where she works as an artistic director.
- Acting Studio Playdrama, 2010 to 2013
- "Hands are saying", drama workshop with the aim of integrating children with hearing impairments , 50 International Children's Festival, Šibenik, 2010.
- "This is what you want, that is what I want" a drama workshop , 51 International Children's Festival, Šibenik, 2011.
- Children's Home "Maestral" (branch "Miljenko and Dobrila" Kaštel Lukšić), 2009-2010
- City Library Marko Marulić, Split, 2010-2011
- Drama Studio for Children and Youth, City Youth Theatre Split, 2006-2007, 2010
She has directed around 20 theatre productions in professional and amateur theatres around the Croatia, for adults and for children, puppetry and drama. Some of them are:
- Author project Čanadi/Grgurinović/Paška: Purgatory, Visual Journey to Now, Kaštela theatre, Kaštela 2013.
- A. Fabijanić: Ezopeja, Theatre Playdrama, 2012
- E. Bošnjak: Miljenko and Dobrila, where are you and I?, Kastela theatre, Kaštela, 2012
- D. Špišić: Kaćuše, The National Theatre in Split, 2011.
- Z.Mišura/B. Ružić: The Nutcracker, Puppet Theatre, Split, 2009.
- Branko Ružić: What can a virus do to me?, Little Theatre of Split, 2009.
- Milan Kundera: Jacques and his master, The National Theatre in Zagreb, 2005.
- Dora Delbianco: Damn not go to Bali, Ivan pl . Zajc, Rijeka, 2004.
- Brecht/Weill: Alabama Moon, 50. Split Summer Festival, 2004
- Grandmaster Pathelin, a farce by an unknown artist of the 15th century, GKM Split, 2004.
- Dora Delbianco: Motel Dark, ZGK Comedy, 2003.
Lives in paradise (Vis island), with Val and Sol, her sons...and every day watches her dreams come true.
Name: Marica Grgurinović
Date and place of birth: 14.11.1979., Split, Croatia
Languages: Croatian, English