Jazz Dance Workshop
Training starts with warming up muscles with dynamic music ... follows the technical part to strengthen and develop coordination ... and exercises to stretch ... in the second part of the training we do choreography ... within a week we will do the choreography of approximately 4 min that we will present the last day ...
The workshop ends with a presentation.
Anita Čanadi began her dance journey in Maribor dance school, practicing different dance techniques: ballet, Horton, Graham, Dunham and Limon, modern and latin jazz. In New York, she has finished an intensive course at the Alvin Ailey Dance School, studied in Bruges, Vienna, and one year at the theater school in Amsterdam. During the long years of learning she has developed a unique expression of dance, which combines jazz fusion, Horton, ballet and Afro - Caribbean dance. With her dance group she prepared annual dance productions at Lentfest (Maribor).
- from 1997-2011 she worked as a regular dance teacher and choreographer in the dance schools: Plesna izba Maribor, Kazina Ljubljana, Pingi Maribor, Dance Academy, ...and as a visiting teacher at winter, spring and autumn dance schools in Maribor and Ljubljana ...
- 2011-2013 regular dance teacher at Dance Center in Split
- 2012-13 choreographer and movement teacher at the Acting Studio of the theatre Playdrama Split
- Choreography and dance performances
- from 1997-2012 choreography summer and winter productions in Plesna izba Maribor,
- performed on tours from 2004-2010 with the dance company Casinos in Germany, the Netherlands, Austria, Spain, the UK, Taiwan, ...
- regular occurrence on RTV SLO from 2000-2008
- 2008 choreography and performing in "Fancy sight" (Slovenian National Theatre Maribor), choreography and performance at the televised event "Sportnik leta" (RTV SLO), 2012 stage movement for the play "Miljenko and Dobrila, where are you and I?" (Kastela Theatre), 2013 choreographer in "Nemoš pobjeć od nedjelje" (Kastela Theatre) 2013 choreography in "Heart bigger than your hand" (Theatre Playdrama) 2013 co-author and performer in "Purgatory, Visual Journey to Now" (Kastela Theatre)
- 2004 "In the labyrinth", 2006 "Incantation", 2008 "How come it is all just a moment" in 2010 the concept of choreography of the musical "Zvok iz globin"
- With Ana Maria Fabijanić and Marica Grgurinović launched Theatre BESA and 1. BESA BESA Theatre camp SKOK U VIS in 2013.
Name: Anita Čanadi
Date and place of birth: 7.11.1976. Maribor
Languages: Slovenian, Croatian, English